Nothing marks the sign of Summer more than a long weekend! Having an extra day off leaves you with the opportunity to explore your local area. Below we’ve gathered a few activities if you’re left searching for ideas:
- Grab your beach towel and cooler and head to your local beach – here is a list of safe swimming beaches: https://www.durhamregion.com/news-story/7362778-eleven-durham-beaches-safe-for-swimming/
- Visit your local downtown strip and explore the small businesses, this is also a great way to give back to your community.
- Take advantage of your local pool or splash pad/park – here is a link to the best parks and splash pads in Durham Region: https://www.durhamregion.com/whatson-story/5615268-top-8-coolest-parks-in-durham/
- Take on Durham Region on foot or on two wheels! We have an abundance of local nature trails for cycling and walking here’s a comprehensive list of all the trails that are open for the public: https://www.durhamtourism.ca/brochures/trailsguide.pdf
- If you’re looking for a more peaceful afternoon, enjoy your time at any one of the public libraries: https://www.durhamtourism.ca/brochures/trailsguide.pdf
- Mini Putt, Batting Cages and Driving Ranges, Oh my! Visit Pickering Playing Fields for a full day of fun: http://pickeringplayingfields.ca
Whatever you do this weekend, have fun and be safe!